Timetric is a company with data at its heart. We build products and services that bring research data and information to businesses that need it. Founded to bring beautiful data visualization to new audiences, Timetric is now a sizeable and growing company with customers and sales offices around the world. We've got a dynamic sales team and an ever-growing roster of major clients.
We like to stay close to the cutting edge of new technologies, and we're always open to new ideas. We offer a casual and relaxed work environment and culture, and all the best tools and equipment you need to make great products.
Our London office is based by St Paul's, in the middle of historic London. There are literally hundreds of good food and drink places within a few minutes walk, and the river is only a couple of hundred yards away, accessible through narrow Dickensian London lanes.
Our lingua franca is Python/Django: we've got a major body of code built out across various projects and products, running at scale in production. We use this to work with data in Postgres, Solr, and ElasticSearch. Increasingly our front-end work is done in ReactJS, which is enabling us to make major steps forward in the power and complexity of our user interfaces. We've invested heavily in internal tooling, using ansible and lxc, to ensure a smooth development experience and solid production infrastructure, allowing us to deploy code tens of times per day, with repeatable infrastructure and solid revision history.
We’re looking for a junior/mid-level Python developer to work on our web-based data publication platform and products.
Timetric is a business information company, working with high-value data across a range of industries. A core part of the company is the in-house Timetric data platform, built to work with and serve up all our content.
We produce focussed data content across a huge range of topics, from construction cranes to contactless payments; catastrophe insurance to copper mining, and you'll learn a surprising amount about a surprising range of things.
We develop mostly in Python/Django, which will be the core of the role, but we've got a substantial frontend codebase as well, so any JS experience is a plus.
You need to have:
- Python & Django experience.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Used to working with git.
And it would be really great if you also had some of:
- Able to put together a quick HTML/CSS interface
- Familiar with web standards
- Numerical/scientific/mathematical background
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Solr, ElasticSearch
- Comfortable in a DevOps environment
We are aggressively expanding the sales division in our London offices and are looking for self-motivated and ambitious sales people to develop business across our industry intelligence products.
Business Development Executive EMEA
The primary development strategy is to maximise revenue, yield and market share for our industry intelligence division.
This is to be achieved by:
- Making outbound prospecting calls to C-Level Executives and Key Decision Makers within multinational organisations for new business opportunities
- Initiating and answering sales calls for Timetric products and services
- Accepting orders, closing sales, maintaining customers records and completing required documentation
- Conducting telephone conversations to identify and qualify prospective customers and recording sales prospecting activity in Salesforce CRM
- Arranging web conference and face to face meetings (with opportunity for international travel where justified)
- Carrying out account review/renewal calls at regular intervals
- Maximising revenue and customer satisfaction within assigned territories
As an EMEA Sales Executive you will have:
- 1-2 years proven sales experience in media sales, business intelligence sales (or equivalent)
- Be educated at least to degree level (or equivalent) (Economics, PPE, Business Studies, Finance, Politics, International Studies or similar an advantage)
- Proven Business to Business sales experience in a related role or background selling financial products in other high end corporate sales roles.
A successful International sales executive will:
- Be intelligent, articulate and have excellent English speaking and writing communication skills
- Be enthusiastic, independent and money motivated
- Have a strong interest in international business/regional affairs and actively follow the financial markets
- Have good organisational skills
- Be able to speak more than one language (European/Arabic) being an advantage (but not essential)
- Be able to assimilate complex information
- Have exceptional closing skills
This is an excellent opportunity with uncapped earning potential for intelligent, enthusiastic, articulate and driven sales executives who want to establish themselves within a fast growing company.
To apply for this role and develop your career within a fast growing global brand, please send your CV, highlighting your suitability and salary expectations to email@example.com, or if you have any questions please call +44 (0)20 7936 6650.